Welcome

Thank you for checking out my blog. After talking with many friends, I have discovered that the cooking occuring in my kitchen is more rare than I expected. For this reason, I have decided it is time to share what goes on in my kitchen, even if it is just plain normal in my eyes.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grilled Steak

While I am on the theme of simple summer food, it is a real treat for us to have a steak.  Especially a good steak.  I tend to buy cheap cuts and slice them into bit for stir fry or soups.  If it's a bigger piece like a roast, I usually use the slow cooker.  However, it was my husband's lucky day last Sunday.  The store had a rib eye steak on sale and marked down so I grabbed one for us.

I always make him a special steak for his birthday.  I coat it in garlic, rosemary and pepper before cooking it.  It is cooked in the oven at a high temp and topped with mushrooms and a wine sauce.  I don't even really like steak and it's amazing.

That's probably the only other time we cook whole steaks.  Tonight though, we are going to grill it.  I am going to try the same pressed garlic, rosemary and pepper coating and make sure the grill is well oiled before we stick it out there.  I don't have mushrooms, but I think it will still be very good.

On the side, I am planning on serving roasted kale and a foil packet of baby red potatoes, garlic, and onions (each roasted on the grill). 

It's really nice out today so I think it will be a pleasant evening to sit outside and eat.  Afterward, I think my might surprise him and go to a restaurant near our house for dessert.  They have the most amazing chocolate lava cake and it sounds just wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment