Welcome

Thank you for checking out my blog. After talking with many friends, I have discovered that the cooking occuring in my kitchen is more rare than I expected. For this reason, I have decided it is time to share what goes on in my kitchen, even if it is just plain normal in my eyes.

Friday, July 1, 2011

Chicken Salad

One of my favorite summer meals is chicken salad.  I enjoy it with pasta and as a sandwich spread.  I am going to share my recipe for sandwich spread chicken salad today.

I prefer to use grilled chicken breasts (2 normally), I think they have a better flavor that way.

I also use:
carrots (2)
broccoli (several small clusters)
radishes (3)
fresh parsley
black pepper

I put all of this in the food processor and blend until crumbly.  I then store this in a tupperware until I want to use it.  I only add mayonaise to what I am going to use in a particular meal so it has a longer shelf life.

I then serve it up on the best bread I have available or I a big spoonful on top of salad greens, sometimes with walnuts sprinkled on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment