I love scones! My husband loves my scones! I had time to make scones this weekend for the first time in three months. It was wonderful! <sigh>
It was the best Saturday morning we've had in months and the scones were an intricate part of the relaxing morning. I found my scone recipe on a blog that is no longer around and am thankful every time I make them that I printed the recipe!
The scones are blueberry and I have lots of small containers of fresh, wild blueberries that my in-laws pick each summer. I love using the tiny, little berries because you get twice as many berries in each bite! They really only take about 15 minutes to put together and then another 15 to bake so I was left pondering why I hadn't made them lately even though I've been busy every Saturday since January. They really are that simple! While I prepared the scone dough, my wonderful husband made coffee and prepared some fruit. We had quite the fancy little breakfast.
After enjoying our delicacies, we took our coffee to the couch and spent another hour reading and relaxing in the morning sun. It was a wonderful way to start our weekend! I'm going to have to remember this and plan for this to happen more often.
How did you relax this weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment