Our morning routine is the same just about every day. As I've mentioned, my husband cooks breakfast on the weekend because I cook all week. Despite the morning rush, he only has about 50 minutes to get out the door (I have about an hour and a half), he sits down and eats with me every morning.
We get up around 5:30 and by 5:45 he heads out to walk the dog, a lovely job that I am so glad I don't need to take care of in the morning. While he is walking her, I start the coffee and prepare whatever I am making that day. If I am really on top of things, the coffee pot is ready for me to simply hit on. I was very glad when I got up this morning that I already had it ready to go.
Sunday night I cut up some ham and onions and took the green peppers out of the freezer to minimize the Monday morning work. Today I turned those chopped yummies into a wonderful omelet served with cinnamon toast and peaches. We had coffee to drink, I am pretty sure I couldn't function in the morning without my homemade mocha (coffee, milk, and a small scoop of cocoa mix).
Sounds gourment you say? The five minutes I spent prepping this on Sunday allowed me to made this whole meal in less than 15 minutes. To be exact, it took 13 minutes to get in on the table. My husband got home about ten minutes into this process and started taking plates to the table.
I use to think that getting up and preparing breakfast was for the birds. Now that I see how nice it is to sit down and commiserate about our early rising time together while we try to start moving in the morning. I am also encouraged to continue doing this because I know my husband appreciates it.
No comments:
Post a Comment