Welcome

Thank you for checking out my blog. After talking with many friends, I have discovered that the cooking occuring in my kitchen is more rare than I expected. For this reason, I have decided it is time to share what goes on in my kitchen, even if it is just plain normal in my eyes.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Super-Size Me

Ok, I am pretty sure I am the last person on the planet to watch this movie, but wow!

I am APPALLED by what people will eat and that they consider it perfectly good for them.

Really?  You think eating at McDonald's multiple times every week is healthy?  They inject their fries with burger grease to get that yummy flavor we like so much. Do I need to say anything else?

I cannot believe that in a matter of 21 days the doctors were truly advising him to immediately stop the experiment.  I am shocked he gained almost a pound a day on average and then it took more than 9 months for him to return to "normal"?!  Unbelievable.  Do you think perhaps this might be contributing to at least part of the obesity epidemic facing out nation?  I have to think that it could be part of the problem.

Now, I am the last person to advocate for eating fast food, but I must admit that eating it on a daily basis is quite the extreme.  Perhaps it is ok to eat it once a week or even twice a week in combination with a healthy diet.  However, it seems that our bodies are designed to develop cravings so why tempt yourself?

Obviously, we are not big fast-food eaters here, but this movie makes me never want to eat fast-food again.  I guess I have to continue to remind myself that we all have free will and every single day people choose to eat crap that isn't good for them.  Perhaps though, we could do just a bit more the educate people and providing transparent facts about the food we eat?  Just a thought.

Consider my resolve to eat at-home renewed.

No comments:

Post a Comment