Tonight we had salmon burgers and they were delicious!! I have never really enjoyed them at home because they were missing something. I could not figure out what that "something" was...until tonight!
Tonight I made a mayonaise mix to put on the salmon patties and we had romaine lettuce, onions, and tomatos to top them with. The only thing that could have improved them would have been a really tasty bun and unfortunately we only had a plain, boring whole wheat bun. I would have loved a crusty bakery roll of some sort or even a sour dough roll.
The mayo mix was 50/50 mayo and dijon mustard, then I added fresh ground black pepper, parsley, and chopped capers. HEAVEN! I will be making this again.
I served the burgers with fruit salad (apples, mango, and pineapple) and fresh sweet potato fries. I sprinkled the sweet potato slices with fresh garlic, a spray of olive olive, crushed salt and a hint of chipotle pepper. They were amazing as well and will be making a repeat appearance tomorrow night along side a meat loaf.
No comments:
Post a Comment