I use to hate hot dogs. They were just something that was so gross, I mean really, what's in them exactly? Somehow over the years though I've found some that I like. They are actually pretty good. They are 100% beef and do not contain nitrites or nitrates and they don't have the funny intestine wrap around them.
I am pretty sure that's the main reason I like them. They aren't going to squirt all over you and burn you with hot fat.
This summer that has been our solution to the quick, simple dinner. Every few weeks I buy a pack of hot dogs and my husband grills them up until they have four little grill marks on all sides. We then serve them in those new flat hot dog buns (best invention btw, who wanted all that extra bun anyway??).
Tonight we paired that really simple entree up with some homemade coleslaw. We've been getting napa cabbage from our CSA for the last couple weeks and I am struggling to use it up before it wilts! I feel awful throwing it out so we've tried several things (wraps, salads, and stir frys), but none require enough to help us pound through it. It has a really strong flavor so I'll be honest, it's not really my favorite vegetable.
Tonight I shredded it and mixed up some dressing (basalmic vinegar, white wine vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, garlic and some poppyseeds) and tossed it with the shredded cabbage. I was shocked by how spicy it was!! Husband loved it however so I guess that's a win; it's not often I make spicy food.
We finished the meal off with some chocolate pudding and whip cream.
It was probably not the healthiest meal ever, but it was quick and easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment